Books and Beer Episode 4
The Possessed by Elif Batuman
I convinced Clarissa to read a book about Russian literature, and now we’re teaming up to try and convince you too!
Despite the title, this is the second podcast in a row without beer! (You’ll find out the reason during the episode.) Also realized last night that it’ll be tougher to do the podcast this summer. It only got up into the low-80s, and the temperature still rose by a lot from turning off the AC to avoid background noise. Eek.
- The Possessed by Elif Batuman
- Travels in Siberia by Ian Frazier
- Reporting by David Remnick
- Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
- The Marrowbone Marlow Company by Glen Taylor
- Wittgenstein’s Mistress by David Markson
- Illuminations by Walter Benjamin
- River of Shadows by Rebecca Solnit